Sunday 1 April 2018

REVIEW - Hothead (Irresistible Book 4) by Stella Rhys


The Book
Release Date: 4 April 2018
Goodreads Link

He's the hottest player in Major League Baseball, the most notorious playboy in all of Manhattan...

And my fake fiancé for the next three months.


...

I was drunk-dialing my ex the night I met him.

Six-three, sexy as sin and so incredibly rude I could smack the asshole smirk right off his face. Long story short, we got off to a bad start. But when the tabloids interpret our sparring as Drew Maddox "groveling" with a "mystery brunette," his agent presents us both a proposal:

Shacking up as a couple this summer.

It’s an alleged “win-win.” I need to prove to my ex that I'm fine. Drew needs to prove to his team that he's stable. Thanks to his on-field brawling and never-ending lady drama, Drew Maddox has suddenly found himself on the trade block - which means he needs a fast, easy way to show the team that he's settled down.

Hence this fiance thing. 

Our fights are real, our kisses are fake, and thanks to the nonstop heat between us, I’m starting to mix up all my signs. But whether it’s real or fake, there’s one thing I do know:

I’m already addicted.

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Gah.  Sports romance gets me most of the time and this one was no exception.  Drew is a very hot Baseball player with a bad reputation and it is only when Drew bumps into Evie at a bar that things take a different turn in their lives.

Evie comes from a hard background and has just split up from her longterm boyfriend and best friend Mike.  She can't quite figure out what happened and is reeling at the suddenness of it all but having Drew call her out and challenge her puts them in a new position.

The lust was good, the heat off the charts and the tension was strong.  These two had chemistry and Evie does have one good friend in Aly who also happens to be going out with Drews best friend Emmet.

Drew learns to leave his past in the past and learns how to trust again thanks to Evie and Evie is strong throughout it all and finds out what Mike was actually like.

I will certainly read more from this author.







No comments:

Post a Comment