Wednesday 6 February 2019

REVIEW - Smart Tass (OHellNo #1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

The Book
Release Date: 11 April 2017
Goodreads Link

He’s the hot quarterback all the girls want.
She’s the smart girl he loves to pick on. 
And now that they’re all grown up, things are about to get geekin’ ugly...

My name is Tass. I’m smart, I’m driven, and I am determined not to let prankster Hunter Johnson continue raining on my parade. When we were little he’d pull my hair and call me names. When were teenagers, he’d throw food at me and tease me for being a flat chested virgin.

But now that we’ve ended up at the same college, things are about to change. Because I’m not that geeky little girl anymore, and Mr. Amazefootball is due for a little lesson. One about how women with brains shouldn’t be messed with. I’m going to crush his heart. 

So what’s my plan? He’s about to find out…

My Review  4 STARS
I have had to back track to this book as i have read the net book in the series before this and wanted to know what happened previously in the series.

Being a Mimi Jean book there is a lot of witty dialogue and come backs that will have you laughing or snorting in amusement.  This author does not hold back on the crazy, but in the best possible way.

Yes, in some senses Tass our main girl, who is supposed to be really smart comes across as really stupid, but sometimes the smart people overlook the simple and most obvious solutions.  I have personally seen this first hand.

Hunter, although he has protected Tass in his own way, has also acted like a child with his feelings towards Tass most of their childhood, however with Tass's warped memories things become clear at the end when they FINALLY set the record straight and Tass can see what she has missed and also what she has forgotten due to trauma.

Although perhaps not the authors greatest work, it is still a very decent book and had me captivated until the end and still knowing that this will continue to be a one-click author for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment