Sunday 3 January 2021

REVIEW - Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire (Bro Code #3) by Pippa Grant


The Book
Release Date: 24 March 2020

The lies will come back to bite you every time...

Never borrow pants from your brother. Especially if he’s a size smaller than you are, because all that pressure in the junk will short-circuit your brain.

And you’ll lie to a woman in a club about your real name.

Leave her unsatisfied after making out in a bathroom.

Then find out that she’s the one thing standing in the way of your dreams. And she very much doesn’t like being lied to.

Now I have to convince Lila Valentine—the woman I can’t stop thinking about, my biggest regret, and my new boss—that I’m what’s best for the baseball team she’s inherited.

If we can’t work together to save the Fireballs, the commissioner’s forcing a sale and moving them across the country.

I’ll do anything to save my home team.

But the one thing I can’t do?

Keep my hands to myself. 

Which would be fine, if she hadn’t been telling me lies this whole time too.

Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire is a rocking fun romance between a single dad obsessed with baseball, an heiress with secrets, baseball pants, a rundown team, and rabid ducks. It stands alone and comes with a guaranteed happily-ever-after.

My Review  5 STARS
Why have i had this on my kindle for most of a year?  I know i like this author, so having this still feels like i have been neglecting my reading duties.

Tripp is a single dad, a former member of Bro Code and his wife died 2 years prior of the flu.  He is now a little OCD about germs and is petrified when his kids get sick.  He has been managing his kids with only a little help from others, but when they are sick, he looks after them himself.

Lila lost her parents when she was little and her uncle sent her off to boarding school as it was the lesser evil than living with him.  Her family has owned the baseball club for generations, but when uncle Al  dies, he has left it in a real mess that she wants to sort out as it was something of her mothers too.

Tripp and Lila butt heads a lot over their vision for the club, but this butting heads leads to other things as they navigate their feeling towards each other with the sizzling chemistry.  We also get to see other member of the club like Cooper Rock and other members of Bro Code like his ever helpful brother Levi.

Both have good supporting friends and with Lila an honorary family member who keeps her safe and informed.

I loved the whole package with this book.  Both were a little tortured in their own way and Lila used Grace and faced up to things and even gives Tripp the space he needs at one point.  I am glad things well in the end that they can both get a happy ending with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment