Sunday 5 August 2018

REVIEW - Reckless Secrets (Reckless #2) by Gina Robinson

The Book
Release Date:  11 November 2013
Goodreads Link

Book Two of the Reckless Series
A New Adult College Romance

The engaging continuation of Ellie and Logan's love story that began on a hot August night in Reckless Longing...

Ellie

My bitch of a mother kept a family secret from me for nineteen years. I outsmarted her and found out what it is. Now I should be deliriously happy. I am happy. Except…I have to keep it from Logan. At the same time, I know I should tell him. If he finds out by accident, he'll hate me and feel betrayed. But it's complicated and I have to wait until things fall into place or it will cause problems for my newly found dad.

And Logan is wrestling with his own demons. Because of me. Dex and I just meant to prank our hideous chem prof. We didn't mean to hurt anyone, least of all Logan. If I'd known it would expose his secret, I never would have done it. I love him so much. I can't lose him. I won't. I just hope he can forgive me.

This is a contemporary romance with mature themes, language, and situations. Readers should be over 17!

My Review  3 STARS
**My thanks to NetGalley and Aspendawn Books, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is the second book in the series and cannot be read as a stand a lone book.

This book continues to follow Ellie and Logan and starts where book one finished, however as the title suggests there are more secrets to come out and lots more angst to follow.

Ellie has her main secret, the fact that Jason Front is her father, along with the fact that her Study TA is hitting on her in a stalkerish way.  Again it is her friend Sex that helps her out with her TA in quite an amusing fashion, her really is a good friend.

Logan proves he has a bit of a temper in this book and Ellie finally gets to start to get to know her father and vice verser, however when the new comes out people are hurt and it causes a bit of a rift.  Ellie also get to meet Logans family and feels a bit out of place at his house, and they are often thwarted by his mum when they have a few moments alone.

By the end of the book we have some questions answered and some things resolved, however book three will continue their story and we are left with a little bit of a cliff hanger so we know the next problem is going to revolve around Ellie's mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment