Thursday 9 August 2018

REVIEW - Siren by Jo-Anne Joseph

The Book
Release Date: 27 November 2017
Goodreads Link

Blurb:
Nothing in life is ever monochrome.
I discovered that a long time ago,
And with all such lessons, 
I learned it the hard way.

Dark cannot exist without light.
Night can’t occur without day.
Despair can’t flourish without hope.
I couldn’t live without her,
She can’t survive without me.

She was meant to be my protector.
It was us against the world.
Allies. Partners. 
Instead, she became my worst fear.

I allowed that despair to grow and fester.
I let it mar me, then, almost destroy me.
I realized something had to give.

This time, there is no turning back. 
When the siren calls to you,
You unwillingly answer.

Question is… Would I survive the fall?

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This book may have a lot of triggers for some people and i really was not sure on whether i would this book when i first started it.

However i am really glad that i stuck with this book even if some of the stuff is harrowing and could make some people uncomfortable.  

Sage has had a bum deal in life and there are so many twists and turns it is only towards the end that i got a grip as to what had happened to Sage and even right up close we were still getting answers to the plot.

Jacob was a good added love interest, and it was nice for Sage to get a happy ending.  May will be thinking about this book long after i have read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment