Wednesday 17 February 2021

REVIEW - Beauty and the Beefcake (The Copper Valley Thrusters #3) by Pippa Grant


The Book

Release Date: 17 May 2018

Goodreads Link

She’s my sun and moon.

My stars, my air, my sunshine.

She’s every heartbeat.

There are two kinds of women in the world – those I can bang, and those I can’t.

My teammate’s sister?

She’s a can’t.

I moved in with her to protect her from a nasty ex, not to be the next guy in line.

She’s the brains.

I’m the brawn.

She’s the fruit.

I’m the sausage.

She talks too much.

I don’t talk at all, if I don’t have to.

Should be easy to resist her.

But every minute I spend with Felicity is another minute she gets under my skin. She makes me feel like something more than a dumb puckhead with a big Zamboni pony. And it’s getting harder to remember why I need to keep my hands to myself.

Beauty and the Beefcake is a vegan-friendly standalone romantic comedy featuring a hockey player whose vocabulary is the only thing smaller than a hockey puck, a book smart but aimless ventriloquist with too many voices in her head, a dilapidated old house that may or may not be haunted, and no cheating or cliffhangers.

My Review  5 STARS

It's official, Ares Berger is my favourite male character in all of the books that i have read so far by Pippa Grant.

Ares is the twin of Zeus and is the more silent twin who does not like to talk unless he needs to.  Others always step up and talk for him as he prefers to watch and listen and finds that he know people better this way.

Felicity is Nick Murphy's little sister and she has recently broken up with yet another douch-bag boyfriend.  The only problem is that she has left some of her stuff in his apartment and he is not cooperating in letting her get her things back.  She is also a talented Ventriloquist and has been practicing before she even knew what is was called.  She also attracts dirt bags where ever she goes.

Here enters an injured Ares asked by Nick to babysit her and make sure the ex causes no problems and Felicity can help Ares with her latest college course.

Both learn a lot from the other, but Felicity is the first person to SEE Ares other than his family.  She wakes up a part of him that he though he could never have and he has a soft protective quality and is always conscious of his overly large size.  He also does not do well behaving and staying off his injured foot.

I really enjoyed this pair and the crazy that Felicity brought to the partnership and the loyal steadfast and calm presence that Ares brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment