Wednesday 10 February 2021

REVIEW - Blindsided (Moo U #1) by Victoria Denault


The Book

Release Date: 15 February 2021

Goodreads Link

What if Romeo wore hockey skates, and Juliet was raised on a farm next door?

As a life-long Vermonter, there are three beliefs I’ve always held true:
1. Our family farm is everything
2. Hockey is a close second
3. The Todds next door are our sworn enemies

But this season will test everything I stand for. 

I have an illicit side job that could cost me my hockey scholarship. And now Maggie Todd knows my secret. She’s waiting for the right moment to use it against me. But every time I face off against her, I learn things I shouldn’t want to know. Like how deeply her competitive streak runs, and how sexy that is. And how easy it is to make her blush… everywhere.

An Adler and a Todd cannot be lovers. Breaking that rule is like pulling a pin on a grenade--everything in my life could blow up. Can we surrender to these feelings… or will our families’ feud make us its next casualty?

My Review  5 STARS

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This series is set within Sarina Bowen's World of True North and it even mentions at one point the Shipley's which is great.

This book however focuses on the Todd's and the Adlers and a family feud that has been going on since shortly after the Adlers bought the farm next door to the Todds.

Magnolida Todd lives by campus with her sister Daisy two other friends, no longer clearing up after her friends means that their house is a mess and they have hired the services of manly maid unbent to Maggie.  But the person on their doorstep seems familiar to her and after a little chat it dawns on her its Tate Adler, her enemy.

Although neither of them know what actually started the family feud, they have never been friendly, however with his scholarship on the line he begs them not to post the photo they have taken online.  This is only leverage for Maggie who uses it to get half of a pitch at the famers market from them.

As they both spend time together they find they have more in common and end up falling for each other in a big way.

With Maggie and Daisy however, there has always been a gaping holier their family where their grandmother should be.  It is only when Daisy looks into it that the missing grandmother and some family secrets between the feuding families come out.

Tate and Maggie have a rocky middle when there are family getting in the way, but eventually the family that matter get them together and they make a lovely couple.  I cannot wait to read more from this Moo U series.

No comments:

Post a Comment