Thursday 27 May 2021

REVIEW - Wolf Pawn: A Dark Mafia Shifter Romance (Wolves of New York Book 2) by Bella Jacobs

 


The Book

Release Date: 25 May 2021

Goodreads Link

I thought Maxim Thorn was ruthless before, but I haven't seen anything yet... 

Maxim's pack is under siege. His enemies will stop at nothing to lay claim to everything he holds dear. And thanks to an ancient prophecy, half the shifter world believes being mated to me (or my long-lost sister) is the key to unlimited power.

That's the other thing--the sister I haven't seen in years?

She's alive, and out to destroy Maxim.

When we were younger, Kelley was my hero, but now she's putting innocent people's lives at risk. Meanwhile, Maxim truly seems to want the best for his people, even as he pulls no punches when it comes to interrogating--and erotically torturing--me.

It's getting hard to tell light from dark, good from evil so wicked it'll scare the Big Bad Wolf himself. 

Meanwhile, I'm starting to doubt any of us will make it out of this war for the throne alive...

My Review.  5 STARS

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This book starts where the last one leaves off with Maxim punishing Willow, it is here that she finally realises his power and it unlocks a memory that she had buried with the help of her mother.

It is in this book that we learn of Bane and Kelleys outcome, and some of what they will go to to get what they want.  

Willow makes better friends with Maxims sister Diana and we get to see more of the father and Willow making allies within the pack.  She becomes stronger in herself and learns more about herself and her special gift.

This is a brilliant book in the series and certainly leaves you craving the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment