Thursday 10 September 2020

REVIEW - Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin #8) by G.A. Aiken

The Book
Release Date: 24 November 2015
Goodreads Link

War makes strange bedfellows.

I, Gaius Domitus, one-eyed rebel dragon king of the Provinces, know that better than most, since I have to fight off half my ungrateful family on a regular basis to keep law and order here in my lands. But I never expected to have to consort with a barbarian human woman.

Kachka is beautiful, if you like them fierce—and of course I do. But she keeps complaining about how spoiled and decadent I am, and how a feared Daughter of the Steppes has no time for foolish dragons. I think she likes my eye patch, though. It is quite dashing. With death always at our tails, we take our passion like we take our allies. As they say, love the barbarian you’re with…

My Review  5 STARS
**Copy Provided by Netgalley and Kensington Books for an honest review**

I definitely felt better reading this book after the last book ti understand what is happening with all of the characters as this story like the previous one is told from multiple points of view.  It also helped me understand these two characters that the book arrives around.

Gaius is a king of the provinces and got that role by overthrowing his nasty uncle, whilst Katcha is another woman from the outer plains and has a very strong character and opinions, which she is not shy about voicing.

Both Gaius and Katcha go out on their own missions not seeing each other for months after having become friendly.  It is a chance meeting that leads them on a quest together and in close quarters they find each other tolerable and find that they had actually missed each others company and the way they are with each other.

The story really develops and we get the start of the war happening and lots of action, murder, love, friendship and madness.

I am really loving this series and cannot wait to read the last book and find out what is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment