Friday 18 September 2020

REVIEW - Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin #9) by G.A. Aiken

The Book
Release Date:  29 August 2017

HE SAYS . . .

I, Aidan the Divine, am, well divine. My name was given to me by the Dragon Queen herself! I’m a delight! Cheerful. Charming. And a mighty warrior who is extremely handsome with a very large and well-hidden hoard of gold. I am also royal born, despite the fact that most in my family are horrendous beings that don’t deserve to live. And yet, Branwen the Awful—a low-born, no less—either tells me to shut up or, worse, ignores me completely.

SHE SAYS . . .

I’ll admit, I ignore Aidan the Divine because it annoys him. A lot. But, we have so much to do right now, I can’t worry about why he keeps staring at me, or why he always sits so close, or why he keeps looking at me like he’s thinking about kissing me. We have our nations to save and no time for such bloody foolishness . . . no matter how good Aidan looks or how long his spiked tail is. Because if we’re going to win this war before it destroys everything we love, we’ll have to face our enemies together, side by side and without distractions. But if we make it out alive, who knows what the future will hold . . .

My Review  5 STARS
**Copy Provided by Netgalley and Kensington Books for an honest review**

This is the last book in the series and although we get the romance between Brannie and Aiden it almost seems secondary to the culmination of the building story and the war going on.

We also get to see more from Keira and she turns into almost a totally different person as Aiden and Brannie help her in her quest to find her friend Ren, we see a more complex character who is know where near as flighty as she seems.

Aiden has always liked Brannie, but knew he would never get anywhere with her, but when Brannie suddenly sees him i a new light he makes an offer that she can't refuse, the pair find that they actually like each other more than they thought they would.

pretty much all of the characters from previous books are in this one and the battle which has now been going on for years ends outside the palace of Salebiri and Vateria. We get all the retribution, death and action we can ask for with family drama mixed in and a hankering to want the pages to turn faster as we get closed to the end.

I have really enjoyed this series and i am now kicking myself with how long it has taken to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment