Friday 12 February 2021

REVIEW - Slapshot (Moo U #2) by Rebecca Jenshak


The Book

Release Date: 15 February 2021

Goodreads Link

I’m banished to Vermont for a scandal that wasn’t my fault, and broke because my famous father cut me off. And did I mention my roommate stole my boyfriend? Yeah, I’m loving my Moo U experience. 

Now I need a job, because this gel manicure won’t upkeep itself. The only available option is the last one I’d ever want--a job as the hockey team’s equipment manager. My plan is to do the bare minimum, get paid, and find my way back into my father’s good graces. 

I will not get involved with a hockey player, no matter how hot. They’re cocky. And obnoxious. I know their type, and I’m not willing to risk getting hurt again. Until Lex Vonne glides into my life looking like sin on a stick. 

He thinks I’m a spoiled brat. 
I think he’s using me to get ahead. 
But the fire I feel when we’re together is like a slapshot to my heart…
 

My Review  4 STARS

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Kaitlyn has been sent to Moo U by her father after misbehaving at her previous college.  Her father used to go to Moo U and was a famous Hockey player and she is known as his daughter and has been used in the past just for people wanting to get closer to her father.

Lex is a Hockey player for Moo U.  When he sees her, he is interested in her and pursues her, but she is always trying to hold back and he fights for her.  However is gets draining trying to prove that he just wants her.

Lex came into hockey late, so feels that he has to work harder than most to get to where he wants to be and drafted by the hockey leagues.

Its a sweet coming of age story based in a favourite world of mine in Vermont and it left me feeling good and really wanting to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment