Monday 30 May 2022

REVIEW - Taken Care Of (Bridgeton Village, #1) by Elisabeth van der Wilt


The Book

Release Date: 15 June 2022

Goodreads Link

Olivia

Theo is known as my Teddy, someone I've counted on all my life. He is the person I've always trusted and needed most.

But when he get's hurt, my world is thrown off my axis.

While I take care of him, something new forms between us that is different then I ever felt before.

When I admit it to him, everything changes, and I don't think it can ever go back to the way it was.

~~~

Theo

Olivia is my sweet little Liv. Ever since her parents died and my best friend took her in, I've known her.

I watched her grow up.

But she isn't a little girl anymore.

Liv the child is gone, and in her place is a spectacular, beautiful woman. But something is different, I feel... different when I'm with her.

What am I going to do? I must end our friendship, but I can't, because I'm madly in love with her.


Publisher's Note: Happily Ever After Guarantee, No cliffhanger. Standalone Novel in a series. No cheating. Mention of SA & Rape.

My Review   3.5 STARS 

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I'm not sure if its just that I have read some exceptionally good books recently or if this book just did not hit the mark for me, but I felt like something was missing from this book.

Its a decently story and flows well, it does have mentions of rape in the past, but nothing too triggering unless its something you have been through I guess.

It has an age gap between the couple of 13 years, which to me is nothing as its the same between my husband and me, although the man is the person who basically raised her from age 5 when her parents died and being her uncles best friend, begged him not to put her in foster care when they themselves were only in college.

The book is told from dual point of view of both Olivia and Theo, known as Teddy to Liv and things only take a turn in their relationship when Teddy is in a bad accident.

Its a very slow burn book and nothing much happens between the couple for the first half of the book and even then the scenes are fairly low in the spice rating, most are the behind closed door scenes where its mentioned but not written out.

I do hope this author carries on writing as I'm sure their is a market for her writing, it just didn't hit the right spot for me personally to carry on reading her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment