Thursday 6 February 2014

A Million Guilty Pleasures (Million Dollar Duet 2) - C.L. Parker

The Book
Release Date: 11 February 2013

For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes a tempting new novel of secrets, lies, and redeeming passion.

Two million dollars secured Noah Crawford the most enticing woman he has ever known. Initiating Delaine Talbot into a sensuous world of pleasure took them both to the brink—again and again. But when Noah discovers why the beautiful innocent sold her body to the highest bidder, he’s faced with the hardest thing he ever had to do: Set her free.  

Lanie can’t believe Noah would let her go. Doesn’t he know they share a bond deeper than sex—a connection too powerful to sever? Not even a treacherous enemy out to destroy Noah or the dark secret haunting the multibillionaire can keep them apart. But first Lanie has to show him that he belongs to her, even if it means risking everything for a love that can never be bought or sold.

A Million Guilty Pleasures is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.

My Opinion  2.5 STARS
**ARC Provided by Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group - Bantam Dell for an honest review**

The first half of this book was ok, but the second half with all Laine's talk of the coochie and other annoying words was crap.

I loved Noah. He was sweet and loyal and sexy. Laine was just plain annoying and I just couldn't connect to her. I also had a problem with David and at times Dez and the way she talked.

David was a moron and I'm surprised he had gotten as far as he had without any trouble before, the smarmy git.

I only really read this book to finish the story. Due to the length I would have been upset had I paid for it.

Not a book I will be recommending.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily! Found your blog through goodreads and am now following you!

    I read the first book to this series and was so disappointed. I couldn't stand all the stupid words Laine used (coochie being one of them!). It had a great book blurb, decent beginning, then it just all went downhill from there. I consider you very brave for reading book 2. If you're giving it a 2.5 star rating, then I think I am better off skipping this one so I don't end up pulling my hair out lol!

    Anyway, feel free to stop by my blog sometime!

    Best Wishes,
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete