Tuesday 12 January 2021

REVIEW - A Hero for Hailey (Love will OUT, #1) by D.E. Haggerty

The Book
Release Date: 9 October 2020

I do not need some man to come riding in on a stupid white horse to save me, thank you very much. 

When I run into a teensy weensy bit of trouble, who should show up but Aiden – my high school nemesis. Unfortunately, Aiden doesn’t realize he’s my high school nemesis. Nope. He doesn’t even remember who I am. Gee, thanks. 

Suddenly Aiden is everywhere, claiming he’ll protect me. Do I look like I need protecting? But when Aiden speaks to me in that deep, sultry savior voice, my knees wobble and I forget my name. 

I better get to solving this trouble I’m in, so Aiden will move right on out of my life. Only he says he doesn’t want to move on. He wants to stick by my side forever. Not happening. 

But like my pops always says Love will OUT. 

A Hero for Hailey is book 1 of the romantic comedy series Love will OUT but can be read as a standalone.

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a new to me author and i very much enjoyed this little taste into her world of writing.

Hailey is a PI who tends to only investigate insurance scams and as her company "You Cheat, We Eat" suggests, they also look into potential cheaters after, usually the wives, come in and ask for help.

Aiden is a local detective and was the boy at school of which Hailey had a major crush and was teased about b his friends at school.  When they first bump into each other when she is taking pictures for a case, Aiden does not recognise her.  However he soon starts posing up and wants to prove to her that she has changed and he wants to get to know her.

Hailey has her best friend Suzie who does not apologise for being nosey and she is also very much a clutz.  Lots of laughs come from this character.  We also get to meet phoebe, who remains very much a mysterious character, but will have her story in the next book.

Hailey and Aiden get close fast, but Hailey is a little reserved and Aiden is persistent, he knows what he wants.  He is also another Alpha male along with her father and her father's former army buddies who are her hoary uncles.  Her mother left her when she was little which has also left issues for her and her father.

As the mystery to the break ins and written notes intestines, Aiden and her family step up to protect her.

I really enjoyed the telling of this story and look forward to seeing what secrets that Phone is hiding in the next book.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading & reviewing! ❤️❤️❤️ Glad you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete