Tuesday 5 January 2021

REVIEW - The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob by Pippa Grant


The Book

Release Date: 7 January 2021

Goodreads Link

A rock star / single mom / fairy tale romcom

You don’t know me, but you do know me. I’m your neighborhood hot mess single mom, doing my best to keep my head above water while running my little slice of heaven and keeping my youngest from shoving marbles up his nose, which is exactly what he’s doing the first time Levi Wilson, pop star god, world’s sexiest man, and my all-time number one celebrity obsession, walks into my bookstore.

Related: I’m writing this from beyond the grave, because I’ve died of mortification and am now residing in an alternate universe.

I have to be.

Because Levi Wilson came back.

And we had a moment.

Like, a moment moment. The kind that makes me remember that adult pleasure isn’t all about hoping the lock holds in the bathroom so your kids don’t interrupt on the rare occasion you feel like taking an extra-long mommy-time shower.

So when he proposes a no-strings fling?

Count. Me. In.

Thrill of a lifetime, right?

Surely, nothing will go wrong…

The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob is a rockin’ fun, sexy romantic comedy featuring a celebrity panty-melter who doesn’t know what he’s been missing, a sassy single mom hanging on by a string, three adorable children who would never burst in on a woman when she’s on a toilet (ha!), and shameless ovary-busting moments between a guy who never thought he’d be a dad and a family who thought they got along just fine without him. It stands alone and comes complete with a happily-ever-after (though you’d never go wrong to read the other Bro Code series books first).
 

My Review  5 STARS 

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Yet another brilliant book in the series and the authors arsenal.

I have not yet been able to find a book from this author that does not live up to expectation, have me spitting out coffee in laughter or have my heart warming as the characters wake up from their lives to find there is someone to make their lives complete.

We have met Levi in previous books and he is just as lovable as before, maybe even more so.  It is also lovely to see that Ingrid could quite possibly be the mum next door, or even myself as the hot mess mum, just trying her best to get through everyday with work and her kids in tow.

I love the interaction between the pair and the mess of moments that the kids go through with Ingrid in their wake and by extension Levi as he just walks into their lives and lives like this is all normal for him.  I also loved that he actually saw Ingrid for the superman that she was and just helped her, where no man had previously done for her and that the did the little things that help more than anything.

We see more of previous characters from the series and other series that link up along with a little more from his mother.  I am really looking forward to Cash and Davis having their books and seeing what types of strong women bring those men to their knees, along with what type of animals are going to ensure that things do not run smoothly.

Really loved this book and cannot wait to read more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment