Monday 8 January 2018

RELEASE DAY BLITZ (Review) - Crazy Sexy Notion by Sarah Darlington

The Book
Release Date: 8 January 2017
Goodreads Link

My former best friend...is now a hooker...

MICK
After a terrible breakup, the crazy notion hit me to look up my childhood friend. With half a country between us, I haven't seen Raven since the day my dad rushed in and saved me from the Sandy Hill Trailer Park. But I loved Raven as a boy, and now I need to find out if I could love her as a man. Only problem: her profession.
Come to find out—she's a prostitute.

RAVEN
Mickey Lawson
Yeah, I hate that guy.
Really, he's only a faint memory now, but at one point in time he meant everything to me.
My protector. My savior. My best friend.
I was ten.
Then he left.
Now he's back.
Fifteen years too late.

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Mick plays in the minor leagues for baseball, but has eventually gone back home to where it all began in order to 'rescue' his former best friend Raven.  Raven is still there, with a daughter, but she is also a prostitute.  Not that it matters to Mick.

Raven had lost her best friend and the boy that protected her, ever since she has had to look after herself, stuck in Pecan.  When Mick rocks up, he does not give her much of a choice in the matter about going home with him, rather than staying in her trailer.

Its a friends to lovers book, only they have been apart for a good many years and have to build up the trust and friendship again.  Mick however seems the more stable of the two and quickly comes to the realisation that the reason that he has not found a suitable relationship or why he sabotages his relationships is because he has always wanted Raven.

ITs a sweet book, not too much sex and not too much angst.  Definitely well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment