Monday 9 April 2018

REVIEW - Bitter Rivals: a novella by Winter Renshaw

The Book
Release Date: 30 April 2016
Goodreads Link

First it was love. Then it was war.

XAVIER

Work hard, play harder.

All I wanted was a weekend in the Hamptons, but what I got was forty-eight hours of quality time with my former business partner. My ex best friend. The girl who walked away without so much as an explanation the second sh*t got real.

I’m going to make her sorry she was never mine.

MAGNOLIA

Work hard, forget the rest.

All I wanted was a peaceful weekend alone at my boss’ Hamptons manse, but what I got was forty-eight hours with the guy who convinced me to fall in love with him and then did the unthinkable.

He broke my heart once, and I’ll be damned if I let him anywhere near it ever again

My Review  3 STARS
I found this novella hard to get into, mainly because the pair had already got a relationship of sorts, but that was in the past.  It felt like we had missed something within the relationship by not getting the beginning and being thrown into where they were meeting up again by mistake.

Yes we end up getting the information we need, but it took me a while to adjust.

The pair have good chemistry, but the last two years apart basically comes down to not Magnolia not trusting her friend and the pair not communicating about what happened, which would have so easily sorted everything out.

You don't need to read any other books in order to read this novella although there are other couples in the book that have stories from the Never Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment