Tuesday 27 November 2018

REVIEW - Dirty Secrets by Lauren Landis

The Book
Release Date: 30 November 2018
Goodreads Link

I’ll do anything to protect my obsession. Even if she’s my undoing.

Cold. Dangerous. Always in control.
It’s a reputation I worked hard to establish, and has brought me more wealth, more power, more . . . everything.
But as the king, the responsibility for the city’s underground weighs heavily on my shoulders. Its been my only focus, my only concern.

Then I met my obsession. Allie Bancroft.
She’s unpredictable. Chaos to my order. Light to my darkness. Everything I never knew I'd crave.

I live in a dangerous world, so she thinks I want to lock her away in a gilded cage. But I want to set her free. I want to make her my queen.
As long as she follows my rules.

Whatever it takes, I'll have her at my side.
I'll tease and tempt her with sweet words. 
Fray away at her sanity with secrets.
Dare her to accept my depravity by mixing it with pleasure she’s never known.

Once we cross that line, will she be able to handle the depth of my passion? Of my possession?

Either way, she is mine, marked eternally as such, because she has marked me.

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author and Hidden Gems for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a slightly different Mafia book in that Dominic really does not have a chance at overpowering Allie Bancroft, a stripper at one of his clubs.  Having had his eye on her since the beginning and not been able to anything about it but protect her from afar, the change in her working contract with him gives him the green light to pursue the relationship with her that he wants, only Allie is strong willed and will not be bent quite as easily as most others around him.

Allie is a very strong woman, she has battled a career change after her ballet career ended early after an injury along with an eating disorder that she still battle.  Paying for her medical bills led her to working at Petals and meeting Dom.

There are good strong characters and the plot moves well with dual points of view and a could of extra thrown in to help the story along.  Both Dom and Allie have to soften points of themselves and adjust to a relationship with the other and learning where compromise is needed or they need to stand firm.

I really liked this book and look forward to seeing more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment