Saturday 9 March 2019

REVIEW - Inflame by Laramie Briscoe

The Book
Release Date: 9 March 2019
Goodreads Link


Single-Dad

Firefighter

Since my divorce five years ago, these are the two labels I've identified with. Now, I'm ready for more. Ready to give dating a shot, even with an eight-year-old daughter and twenty-four hour shifts needing my attention.

When Sydney has a snow-day and we have an epic malfunction in the kitchen, we decide to head to the breakfast joint we've frequented for years. 

Except today something is different. 

Our normal waitress, Emma, isn't all baggy clothes and ducking her head to keep me from seeing her face. Today? Today I feel like I see her for the first time, and damned if our gazes don't ignite a heat I've only felt while on the job.



PURCHASE LINKS
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2XHojG3



My Review  3 STARS

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a very fast paced novella that was finished within a day and was quite sweet.


Single dad and firefighter Ash has been divorced for five years and has most of the raising of his six year old daughter Sydney.  It is on a snow day that Ash first truly notices Emma and makes the first move to seeing what might happen between them by leaving his number on the bill.


Emma has had a crush on Ash since high school, but he only had eyes for the cheerleader that he was dating.  Shy, quiet Emma never stood a chance until now, as they both feel ready to move on with their lives.


It's a cute story, but nothing really stood out about it to make it special or give it a higher rating.


Worth a read for a rainy day in front of the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment