Friday 26 June 2020

REVIEW - The Rock Star's Baby Bargain by Lili Valente

The Book
Release Date: 23 June 2020
Goodreads Link

Two days after my boyfriend dumps me, my business goes belly up, and the sperm bank declines my credit card, a gorgeous rock star offers to whisk me away for two weeks of hot, steamy, all-expenses paid…therapy. 

I should say no.
I’m not looking for a fling. 

I want a man who’ll be a father to the baby I’m desperate to conceive. Or, at the very least, a guy willing to knock me up before we go our separate ways. 

Zack isn’t that guy. He’s my best friend’s oldest pal, and in my social circle for the long haul. I could never ask him a favor like this. 

That would be crazy.
The problem? 

Turns out, I’m crazy. 
And so is Zack…

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

There is a reason that this author is very high on my to read pile, that is because she keeps on giving us books like these.  Funny, sexy, laugh out loud, emotional at times and with little bits of life lessons and teaching thrown in that resonate.

This was another brilliant book that kept me captivated and wanting to carry on reading, even when i knew i had to put it down for work.  

Collette is a strong woman who knows what she wants most in life after a pretty rotten childhood, after losing her boyfriend and job however, her plans seem to take a nosedive until her best friends other friend Zack comes into play.

Zack has just left his band Lips on Fire for a solo career and is about to go on a two week retreat to write some music when her hears Collettes ex-boyfriend talking bad about her in a bar.  He takes it upon himself to go over and make sure she is ok, where he then invites her to join him on the retreat.  It is in the car on the drive to the retreat that she, after Theo's reassurance, asks if he would help her have a baby.

Both are kind people able to read emotions well and know what they want, however after a visit from Zacks not so nice manager, Collette runs and Zack ends up going for want he wants and Chip gets what he deserves.  Karma.

Really looking forward to what this author has in the works next.

No comments:

Post a Comment