Sunday 9 May 2021

REVIEW - Wolf King: A Dark Mafia Shifter Romance (Wolves of New York Book 1) by Bella Jacobs


The Book

Release Date: 4 May 2021

Goodreads Link

Maxim Thorn is a ruthless Alpha, a mobster king who rules his pack with an iron fist.
He's also my only hope.

As a shifter from the wrong side of the tracks who's just been rejected by my abusive fated mate, I don't have a lot of options in this city.

I have no choice but to make a deal with the devil.

But that doesn't mean I'm powerless. I have an ace up my sleeve, a bargaining chip Maxim can't resist. He wants revenge on my pack leaders for poisoning his father, and I hold the key to his enemy's destruction.

In exchange for one month of protection from my ex and his friends, I promise to give Maxim what he wants--me.

I expect honoring the bargain to be pure hell. I don't expect to ignite every time we touch or to develop a soft spot for this wounded wolf. His blood calls to mine, and I'm starting to think this wicked king may have a heart after all.

But is there room in his world for love? Or am I destined to become a pawn in his dark game?

My Review  5 STARS

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Oh. My. Goodness!  This book was truly fantastic and I cannot WAIT for the next book in the series to come out.  This book left on such a cliff hanger, but in the best way possible.

Willow is an incredibly strong female in character and has suffered a lot in her previous pack, after being given the Alpha's nasty son as her mate, she manages to escape to a rival pack in order to save herself, but after getting her parents promise to get to safety.

Willow also finds out within the new pack that is currently sheltering her that she has a very rare gift and that there is also a prophecy about her and her sister that disappeared eight years ago.

Maxim is the alpha of the pack that Willow escapes to and her actually has the respect of his pack but rules with an iron fist, but is fair with it.  He finds Willow intriguing and the longer he is around her the more he wants her, even though he does not want a mate, Willow is changing his mind.

There is so much packed into this book, that you wonder how the author manager to pack it all in.  I was completely mesmerised from page one and completely pulled into the story.  I ended up reading the book in one day after having been through the longest dry spell for reading I have had in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment