Thursday 5 August 2021

REVIEW - Catching Fire (Hometown Heat #2) by Lili Valente

 


The Book

Release Date: 5 August 2021

Goodreads Link

Love is overrated and I have the third-degree relationship burns to prove it, courtesy of my ex. I’m done with romance.

Then I meet the world’s funniest, sexiest lady firefighter and all my “staying single” plans go up in smoke.

The problem? Faith’s even more gun shy when it comes to love than I am.

But I have a plan.
First, I’ll prove to Faith that she can trust me with her heart.
Next, I’ll keep showing up until she believes it.

In just a few weeks, we’re both falling hard, and I’m positive I’ve found the woman I've been waiting for.

Then my past comes back to haunt me in a way I never imagined possible, putting my future at risk. But I'm not about to give up on forever with Faith, not without one hell of a fight.

*Catching Fire was previously published as To Tame a Wild Firefighter by Jessie Evans. It has been rewritten in first person and extensively revised for this new edition*

My Review  5 STARS

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is the second book in this series and probably could be read as a stand alone, but it does read better if you have read the previous book.

Mick Whitehouse has had a tough time in college with his manipulative ex and now is back home with his sisters, looking out for them and helping them with the opening and maintance of their new bakery.  

The night that his sister Naomi and her boyfriend Jake get engaged is the night that he finally gets to kiss Faith for the first time.

Faith is a little commitment shy after watching her mother with countless failed relationships, the best thing with this attraction to Mick, is that he too is not looking for commitment at the moment so they agree to just have fun as they feel the sparks between them.

When Faith has to go rescue her mother, Mick goes along and they find that they have lots of fun together and that they really like each others company.

Getting back however it is not long before there is a spanner in the works and both have to fight for what they want and for the best possible outcome.  Both sides have family that help them see sense and stick up for them when it matters.

Another really good book and I cannot wait to see how things develop with Maddie and Jamison's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment