Thursday 20 January 2022

REVIEW - Baby, Please (OHellNo #7) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloffarc


The Book

Release Date: 20 January 2022

Goodreads Link

From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff comes a Surprise Baby Romantic Comedy, BABY, PLEASE.

SURPRISE! IT’S A GIRL!

DEAN


Ever since I was recruited by my college football team, I’ve pushed myself hard. Going pro and earning some real money is a must. Mostly because my brother, Flip, is in a bad place, and I’m all he’s got. 

No problem. I’m tough. I’m a hard worker. I’ve got a plan. 

Then right before the season starts, a woman shows up at my apartment with a baby, claiming I’m the father. And then she leaves her with me. For a week? Forever? 

I have no idea, but college, football, and the single-dad gig don’t go together. And forget about my experience with babies. Does this thing come with an off switch? Volume control? Is that a poopie diaper? Help! 

Things go from bad to worse when the public catches wind of my surprise-baby situation, and it turns into a PR nightmare. I’m suddenly the poster boy for young single dads. 

This isn’t happening. 

Suddenly, all eyes are on me, both on and off the field, and the only person who can keep me from losing my mind confesses her love. 

And I mess it all up. Her, football, baby, everything. 

Now I’m going to have to choose: fix my career or fix my personal life, including coming to grips with loving a baby girl who might not be mine.

My Review   5 STARS

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

We are back with the HellNo series and I could not be happier. We get to a little of a character in the previous book, however this book mainly stays focused on the main man, Dean and the woman that surround him.

Dean is a man that has clawed his way up from nothing since he was little and looked after not only himself but his little brother.  Nothing much good has every happened to him and he lives has life getting from one goal to another.

When a baby lands on his doorstep, even though he is still young at 22, he steps up to the plate and looks after her, even though the little girl could not be his.

In this book Dean grows even more and is able to love and get help where he needs it.  He also learns to fight for what he wants, not just what he needs.

I loved Dean and Lara in this book and I hope that Deans brother Flip will also get a happy ever after now that he has fought to become clean and a better man himself.

Cannot wait for the next Mini book and to see where she inserts herself into the book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment