Saturday 12 August 2023

REVIEW - Citadel (Kindled #5) by Claire Kent


The Book
Release Date: 28 June 2023

Ever since the world fell apart, I’ve had no one except my sister. We’ve stuck together and taken care of each other, and I’ve never let anyone else in. But when one bloody night shatters our temporary haven on the flood-ravaged coast, surviving alone is no longer an option. I have to trust someone, and Cole is that person for me.

Cole has spent years on a doomed, lonely mission to find his brother, but he goes out of his way to save us. He’s strong and stoic and driven, and I can’t help wanting him as more than my rescuer.

But trusting Cole is a mistake. The man will always leave.

Two years after I learned this hard lesson, I need his help again. My sister is taken, and I have no one else to turn to but Cole. I’ll accept his help because I have no choice, but I’ll never trust him with my heart or my body again.

I’ll do anything for my sister, including once more risking everything on a man who will always leave in the end.

My Review     5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is another brilliant read in the authors post apocalyptic world where we get strong women, and men who will do what they need to in order to survive and get their woman.

Del lives with her sister in a small community in a hotel surrounded by water, but one day they are attacked but one man rescues them and helps them to a safe community.

Cole is a former forces man who has journeyed up and down the coast to find his younger brother, a man who alludes him, but he knows he has joined a gang/trove.

Both Del and Cole are drawn together, but Coles mission is his brother so he leaves a heartbroken Del.

When Cole comes back 2 years later Dels sister ends up kidnapped and Del decides to get her back with the assist of Cole. This is where they discover more about each other and finally properly talk to each other about what they feel, family and help each other.

Of course we get a happy ending and we meet a few new people, but I can 't help but hope that Breanna and Aiden and up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment