Sunday 15 October 2023

REVIEW - Dr. Resident: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by Lexie Woods

The Book
Release Date: 10 October 2023

What happens when a cocky surgeon bosses around a sassy nurse? She hands him a dose of the cold shoulder. 

After the death of my brother, I couldn’t bear to work in the very halls of the hospital where he died. Seeking a fresh start, I accept a position in the emergency room of a new hospital, in a desperate attempt to piece my life together again. 

My hopes of a smooth transition take a jarring turn when I meet Dr. Parker Winters. As the chief surgical resident, he is known for his no-nonsense attitude and controlling demeanor. Oh… and he’s best friends with my ex-boyfriend.

Immediately we begin butting heads, working against each other simply out of spite. That all changes when Parker saves me from the brink of death by performing a life-saving operation. When he demands to oversee my recovery, my hatred for him starts to crumble. As the chemistry between us becomes impossible to ignore, how long will it be before I give in to the devilishly handsome doctor’s orders?

My Review     4 STARS
**My thanks to Hidden Gems and the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is the first book that I have read by this author and I will more than likely read more from this author again.

Nurse Cassidy has been at a new hospital since the death of her brother, here she meets her childhood boyfriend Wes who was her brothers best friend.  But she also meets Dr Parker Winters.  She first meets him on the train but after their first meeting does not like his attitude even though he has good looks. 

When Cassidy is in an accident though it is Parker that finds her, has her sent to their hospital and him that performs the surgery on her.  He also wants her follow up appointments with him.  But nurses make the worst patients lol.

It does not take Longford the attraction between them to sizzle so hot that they combust and they end up exploring the carnal ways of each other. But when Parker find out that Case has not had that much experience he freaks out after.

Case is a strong character and doesn't take bad behaviour and sticks up for her self.  Parker is a control freak who needs to take time to consider things like how he feels and like to be in charge.

When Case is tasked with keeping a secret it has the power to break the trust between them, however family eventually brings them back together and the sudden downwards spiral of Parkers life is uplifted by Case and the love of his family.

I certainly enjoyed this book and you can certainly see the author pouring her heart out about the medical profession, especially nursing after the pandemic and how it has affected them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment