Monday 22 April 2024

REVIEW - Moonvine (Gold Blood Prophesy #1-4) by K.J. Devoir

The Book
Release Date: 23 February 2024

Amazon Best Selling in "erotic horror" & "vampire suspense," Moonvine includes books 1-4 of the ongoing Gold Blood Prophesy Series by dark romance author K.J. Devoir.

Leena Sperling has fallen into darkness. Darkness has a name...
ZAND BYRON

He’s larger than life. He’s also a deeply dangerous, twisted soul, a textbook psychopath. But, somehow...She makes him 

"You can run, Leena. But I will find you."

Leena: When I arrived to the City of Souls, the tiny cemetery town wrapping the Bay Area foothills where Moonvine Manor is located, I had no idea what to expect or how insane my life would become after moving into the former, Queen Anne, funeral home that belonged to my missing sister. I should have known that being greeted by a tombstone-shaped granite welcome sign was either a sick joke or a bad omen. But I could never have predicted that I would fall in love with the darkness. 

Zand: I don’t want to ever stop making her cry. Her tears are full of human feelings, and I love the taste. She makes me feel, but part of me wants to end the human in her that brings out the human in me. In a heartbeat, I could make her nightmares infinitely darker. *This is a dark, gothic romance. Check TW (trigger warnings) in Author's Note of book!

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author and Hidden Gems for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is the first time that I have read anything by this author and I was really impressed by the world building and characters within this story.

Leena is a human who is moving to Moonvine Manor after the death of her older half Sister Rachel through suspicious circumstances.  She is moving there with her mother who has early onset dementia.

Moonvine is not what Leena expects and the groundskeeper And turns out to also be Rachels cousin, but he does not want Leena there at all and is not nice to her on their first meeting.

Zand is not everything that he seems and he has a lot of secrets that could end up hurting Leena  if she stays around and digs into what has happened to her sister.

Mysterious things happen round the manor, keys are missing from Leena's key set and rooms are locked and off limits.  Leena is left clues by Rachel to follow and Zand finds that he cannot keep away from Leena.

There are lots of twists and turns, some of them dark, some of them lighter, but all of them pull you further into the story.

The book ends on a happy ending, however we are led to understand that there is going to be at least another part to the story.

I cannot wait to see what eventually happens with the characters left at Moonvine Manor.

No comments:

Post a Comment