Thursday 2 May 2013

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin 1) - Jennifer Estep

The Book
Release Date: 26 January 2010

My name is Gin, and I kill people.
They call me the Spider. I'm the most feared assassin in the South — when I'm not busy at the Pork Pit cooking up the best barbecue in Ashland. As a Stone elemental, I can hear everything from the whispers of the gravel beneath my feet to the vibrations of the soaring Appalachian Mountains above me. My Ice magic also comes in handy for making the occasional knife. But I don't use my powers on the job unless I absolutely have to. Call it professional pride.
Now that a ruthless Air elemental has double-crossed me and killed my handler, I'm out for revenge. And I'll exterminate anyone who gets in my way — good or bad. I may look hot, but I'm still one of the bad guys. Which is why I'm in trouble, since irresistibly rugged Detective Donovan Caine has agreed to help me. The last thing this coldhearted killer needs when I'm battling a magic more powerful than my own is a sexy distraction...especially when Donovan wants me dead just as much as the enemy.
My Opinion  4 STARS

This book has a strong lead character with Gin Blanco (aka The Spider).  She has been an assassin for the last 17 years.  Since she was 13.

All the other characters in the book, bring something to the story, there is no-one how i can see as superfluous or un-required in the telling of the story.

The interaction between Gin and Finn was good, you can tell they grew up knowing each other, they just fit like a brother and sister would, bickering at each other etc...

The book ends with a bit of a cliff hanger and you wonder if Gin is going to look further into the information that she has been provided with.  I also hope that something more happens between her and Donovan Caine.

I think this is going to be a brilliant series.


FREE READS:
Spider's Bargain (Elemental Assassin, #0.5) - This short story takes place before the events of Spider’s Bite, the first book in the Elemental Assassin series. In Spider’s Bargain, Gin Blanco takes on a corrupt cop, but only one of them will be left standing in the end.
http://www.jenniferestep.com/excerpts...

Web of Death (Elemental Assassin #1.5) - This short story takes place after the events of Spider’s Bite but before the beginning of Web of Lies. In Web of Death, Gin Blanco’s retirement is interrupted by some unwanted guests.
http://www.jenniferestep.com/excerpts...

No comments:

Post a Comment