Thursday 16 November 2017

REVIEW - Constant (The Confidence Game #1) by Rachel Higginson

The Book
Release Date: 16 November 2017
Goodreads Link

Fifteen years ago I met Sayer Wesley. I fell in love with him. I promised I would never leave him. I swore nothing could break us apart. 

Five years ago I broke my promise. I ran away. I took the one secret that could destroy us both and disappeared. 

Five days ago I thought I saw him. 

I knew it was impossible. Sayer was locked away, serving a deserved sentence in federal prison. He couldn’t find me. 

He wouldn’t find me. I was too good at hiding. Too good at surviving. 

Because if Sayer ever found me, there would be hell to pay for a plethora of sins. The worst of which, he didn’t even know about. 

Five hours ago, I told myself I was crazy. 

Five minutes ago, I saw him again. 

Five seconds ago, I was too late. 

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Wow, with a cliff hangar like that it is a great surprise that my kindle did not fly through the air and smash to pieces as i hurdle it from my bed late last night.  What.a.cliffhanger.ending!

This is not your average dark mafia read, this is a compelling, suck you in and spit you out book that quite frankly, leaves you shouting that it can't possible end like that.

Its  a friends to lovers book along with a second chance at romance as two individuals meet in a dark world, one brought up into it and one pulled into it.  Caroline (Caro) was only ten when she met thirteen year old Sayer when she was brought along to do a job by her father.  That day she saved his life by giving him some advice.

The book is written in the present with flashbacks to the past to give us a more rounded view of how these characters grow up together, how they finally get together, what pulls then apart and how they get back together, but, as things end on a cliff hangar, they do not quite have their HEA yet.

All the characters a well rounded and well thought out, even the supporting cast, and you can't do anything but hope that they too get some happiness too.  Will be waiting for the next book with baited breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment