Thursday 29 March 2018

REVIEW - Blue Sky (Blue Devils Book 1) by Alana Albertson

The Book
Release Date: 26 March 2018
Goodreads Link

Don’t sleep with the nanny. 

The one rule I swore to myself that I would obey. As a United States Naval Officer and a pilot for the world famous Blue Angels, I always play by the rules. 

Hell, I make the rules. 

And I never break them 

Until I meet Paloma. 

I can’t ignore how she makes me feel alive again after I was certain that my heart was closed to love. 
We have nothing in common besides our love for my daughter. 

I’m rich; she’s poor. 

I’m her boss; she’s my employee. 

I’m dead inside; she’s full of life. 

Despite our differences, I let lust control my actions and kiss her like it’s the last night of the world. 

Which it is, because our passionate kiss has changed my life forever. 

I may be a Blue Angel, but she has woken the devil inside. 

And I’ll do anything to make her mine. 

Alana Albertson brings you an emotional love story between a widowed Blue Angel pilot and the one woman who is forbidden to him—his baby’s nanny.

Blue Sky is an epic standalone, slow burn, ugly cry romance. For a limited time, I have included some bonus books.


My Review  3 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Although i liked this book, there were far too many mentions of the dead wife and that Beck was not ready to move on, though he blatantly did with Paloma.

The Spanish in the book was nice, however not necessary as there was also the english translation, it was also nice to see a little more about the American-Mexican people as where i live there is none of that.

Paloma was great with Sky, some people are just good with kids and Paloma's sisters certainly acted their age, but didn't seem to care that they were being uprooted by Paloma like they were.

There were a few inconsistencies in the book, so it could probably do with another edit, for example Paloma left the house and Beck went for a shower with no mention of where the baby was.

A good story marred by a few things and the fact that it ended at 66% on my kindle as there was another free book at the end, but i did enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment