Monday 26 March 2018

REVIEW - Like a Boss by Lili Valente

The Book
Release Date: 29 March 2018

I’m one puff piece away from tearing up my journalism degree and hurling my laptop into the Hudson River. So when I smell a juicy story brewing at my brother’s Wall Street investment firm, I’ll do whatever it takes to get my scoop.

One clever disguise later, I’m deep undercover as the firm’s newest broker, simultaneously gathering intel and spouting off stock tips like a boss.

Go me, right?

Sure, it sounds good on paper, but there’s a catch: the actual boss.

Chief Executive Panty-melter Jack Holt is cocky. Infuriating. And one smoldering look has me ready to violate every rule in the employee handbook.

Thank God my assignment has an expiration date. Because falling for my brother’s best friend and business partner is a lose-lose proposition. Right?

***

In the market for a hot tip? Here’s one.

Don’t bang your best friend’s little sister. Especially when she’s an investigative journalist and your company is the target of her latest exposé.

Unfortunately, I’ve got a hard-on for high-risk bets, and I’m more than eager to invest my considerable stock holdings in Ellie Seyfried’s…ahem…glorious assets.

Friends with fringe benefits is a sweet deal, but it’s not long before I’m falling harder than the post-bubble Nasdaq, hooked on Ellie’s sweet smile and determination to make the world a better place.

There’s only one problem…

When it comes to risking my money, I’ve mastered every trick in the book. But how the hell do I risk my heart?

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This book is a collaboration between two authors that i really love to read and it was everything i wanted and more.

Jack is the alpha male in charge of a brokerage with Eleanors brother and has known Ellie for years and Ellie wants a story that will take her away from writing puff pieces.

Eli is a strong woman with a nose for a story and for a mystery and there is certainly something  at this brokerage that piques her interest other than Jack.

The chemistry is hot and there is not much of the pushing away before they both submit to the chemistry between them.  There is a little mystery and twist of the plot that keeps you wrapped into the story and i can't wait to see if these two authors will collaborate together again.

Fingers crossed here!

No comments:

Post a Comment