Saturday 4 August 2018

REVIEW - Practice Husband (Trophy Husbands #2) by Noelle Adams

The Book
Release Date: 21 August 2018
Goodreads Link

In high school, I was in love with Hunter Ness, but he friend-zoned me. Time passed. I grew up. He went to prison. And now he's going to be my husband for a year.
There are reasons.

He's not going to be a real husband. Just a practice husband so he can have a job and a place to live and I can finally experience parts of life I've only read about before. We're just friends, and I'm helping him out.

But still... He's way too sexy, and he knows me far too well. It's hard to remember he's not the real thing. But I'm going to stay smart. I'm not going to fall for my ex-con husband who only sees me as a friend.

I hope.
 

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Sam is another girl with security issues in which she always stands back and doesn't really fight for herself and believes that she is not the prettiest sister and that known could really like her.

Hunter Ness is Sam's high school friend and she has been in correspondence with him since he was sent to prison 2 years ago.  With Pop doing a turn on her like her sister Melissa in book one, she decides to help herself and Hunter by asking him to marry her, one to get her pop of her back about it, and two so hunter can have a place to live and get a job once he is out of prison.

Both characters have issues and insecurities and although they talk things out, they don't always admit everything thereby prolonging the angst and trouble they have, when if they admitted everything quickly their troubles would have eased faster.

I did like Sam and Hunter and thought they suited each other well.  Looking forward to Chelsea's story and to see if she too get married in such a way as the other two do.

No comments:

Post a Comment