Tuesday 11 September 2018

REVIEW - Blood Drenched Conquest (Ryze #3) by N. Isabelle Blanco

The Book
Release Date: 11 September 2018
Goodreads Link

Soleria 

When a human male breaks your heart, it can feel like your life is ending.
When an immortal goddoes it . . . well, I learned the hard way that can lead to actual death.
The last few years I’ve been isolated except for my two best friends Ismini and Evesse.
Until they both went missing.
Until I started searching for them and connected with the last thing I expected. 
A pair of white eyes.
He ruined me. All because I was stupid enough to give in.
Too weak to fight him.
His scent.
His taste.
Everything about that god possessed me. I knew he’d be the end of me. I knew it.
I couldn’t stay away regardless . . . 
And he drove me to suicide. 
Now I’m back.
I’m different.
A monster I cannot recognize.
A monster thirsting for blood . . . 

Ianthen 

The end of the last war is a day I’ll never forget.
How could I? It’s the day my best friend prophesied I would one day die.
I, the primal God of the Hunt, the first of his kind, dead. Gone.
All because of a female.
I lived nearly fourteen millenia waiting.
No, running.
Until shebarreled into my dream and turned everything upside down.
I ran again. 
I hurt her.
I tore out the very heart I would die for.
Because of my actions, I had to watch her die. 
Now she’s back.
She’s more different than any of us could have ever predicted.
Lost to the obsession for Conquest that has awakened in her veins.
A female I’m determined to save before death finishes consuming me.

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Holy Moly, so much action and romance packed into these little pages that just HAD to be kept turning, sitting on the edge of my seat at times waiting to see what was going to happen next.

We have met Sol and Ianthen in the previous two books and Sol is another female with a very strong backbone with a past in magic on her mothers side.  Ianthen is the God of the Hunt and therefore good looking of course and he has a twin sister.

So much happens in this book from when Ianthen is originally given his prophecy to the time now when Ianthen and Sol get a happy ever after in a completely different dimension.

All the other gods have parts to play, there is war, half bonded pairs getting worse in their symptoms, worlds in different dimensions, sex, falling in love, witch magic, new powers and immortality.

I seriously cannot rave about this but, better yet, this series, any higher.  I have had this series alway in my head since the author first published way back when, then had to wait as she got her rights back and rebranded and expanded the series, telling it more how she wants.  Seriously i have not minded the wait as book three is that good.

Only problem now is that i have to wait another year for book four to come out lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment