Tuesday 15 October 2019

REVIEW - Venom (Sinister Fairy Tales) by Dee Garcia

The Book
Release Date: 15 October 2019
Goodreads Link


-Tinks-
From the moment I befriended him, I set a conspiracy in motion.
A revolution.
Kill Peter Pan.
And I was their ultimate weapon.
I was also none the wiser, falling hopelessly and irrevocably in love with him as the years went by.
Just as they hoped I would.
But their plan comes to a screeching halt when Peter vanishes into thin air, something I’ll learn has nothing to do with Rosewood at all.
You see, Peter never truly loved me...because he loved a wench instead.
He lied to me, he used me, he left me, and he broke me. 
Forever altering me in ways that incite revenge when Hook sweeps in with revelations and the ultimate truth.
Peter may have turned his back on me, but in the end, he and his precious little Wendy will choke on every last tear I once shed.
And I’ll have Hook to thank for that.

-Hook-
It’s no secret I always despised Peter Pan.
A common threat amongst the factions, I should’ve killed him when I had the chance, long before he sank his claws deep into Tinksley’s heart.
But his death at my hands wasn’t what the plan called for, despite how I felt for her.
I’d always been drawn to the girl, innocently enough at first…until that vile abomination marked her with his stamp, unleashing a sense of propriety I had no rights to.
Didn’t matter—he had her...and I wanted her.
Then like magic, he disappeared.
I thought my time had come, but the road to owning Tinksley’s heart comes with a price.
A price so dark and depraved it strips her of her purity and awakens the beast within.
All because of the truth.
Sometimes, there is honor in revenge, and it will be my utmost pleasure to watch as Peter Pan finally meets his maker.
His maker who will soon be my Queen.

Buy Links:
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/31fSncd


My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I used to like Peter Pan as a child, but as an adult i can see how Hook is overlooked and is just reacting to the childishness that is Peter and the prodding and poking he does to Hook and his men to get them to react.

This book really turns the tale into something that kept me turning the pages and really falling for Hook a little more than before.  

Poor Think has been in love with Peter and Peter ending up breaking her heart in the worst possible way, when Hook takes Tinkerly in after finding her at death's door, he ends up telling her all the secrets that have been kept from her and in the process, helping her realise that Peter was not the man she thought he was.

Hook looks after Think when she needs him and in turn she falls for the man who always gives her the choice, even if it is hard, he steps up and helps her find her way back from a darl place, into a new world where she is not the little girl she used to be.

I really enjoyed this re-telling of Peter Pan and in fact, much prefer this version as an adult.

Giveaway:

Author Bio:
Dee Garcia is a voracious fan of romance novels and a long time lover of the written word. Her mission is to craft unique, compelling stories that will give her readers a place to briefly escape the trials and tribulations of everyday reality. With headstrong heroine's who don't need a man to stand on their own two feet, Dee hopes to leave her mark in the Indie world, one plot twist at a time.

Social Media links

No comments:

Post a Comment