Friday 25 October 2019

REVIEW - Last Light by Claire Kent

The Book
Release Date: 13 November
Goodreads Link

It only took four years for the world to fall apart. 

Now the last member of my family has died, and I'm forced to travel across what's left of three states to find the only people I know left alive. To survive, I'll have to salvage food and supplies and try to avoid violent men who've learned they can take what they want by force. The only way I'm going to make it is by trusting Travis. 

Travis used to fix my car, and now he's all I have left in the world. He's gruff and stoic and unfriendly, and I don't really know or like him. But he's all I have left. He'll keep me safe. We'll take care of each other. Until we reach what's left of our town and can finally let go of one another. 

Last Light is a standalone post-apocalyptic romance set in the near future after a global catastrophe.

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a brilliant post apocalypse book with all the feels and a happy ending.

Layne is moving on from her old town after her grandmother finally dies, it has been four years since the large asteroid hit Europe and the world is still suffering from the impact.  It is shortly after leaving that 
travis comes across her and things change for the both of them.

Travis is a lot older than Layne and only stayed in the same town to be with his dying daughter.  After her passing he too decides it is time to move onto Fort Knox and the rest of the town.

The pair help each other in ways that they need without realising and form a bond of the strongest kind.  However both are guarding their hearts from the other, not knowing yet what the other wants and too scared to ask.

The chemistry between them is hot and sweet at the same time, Travis is always very careful and gives Layne just what she needs.  Both are very good at looking after each other where needed.

I really enjoyed this story and although it is not long certainly packs a punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment