Friday 4 October 2019

REVIEW - The Bangover by Lili Valente

The Book
Release Date: 3 October 2019
Goodreads Link

Dear Self—Do not pass Go, do not bang your oldest friend in the limo on the way to the swanky Vegas hotel. Just get back on the plane, fly home, and forget you almost had co-ed naked best buddy time time with the one man who is completely off limits.

I give myself very good advice. 
Too bad I suck at taking it.

Not that Colin Donovan, my bad boy rock star best friend, is any help. Walking around looking ridiculously sexy, telling me I’m beautiful and fun and perfect the way I am and somehow making me believe it. 

If only we hadn’t drunk so much whiskey that first night, if only I’d kept that red bikini in my suitcase, if only his evil ex-girlfriend hadn’t come sniffing around making me feel all territorial and protective.

And if only I hadn’t been secretly in love with Colin for years before this Friends with Bennies Vacation got started.

Who knows? Maybe the high will be worth the fall. 
Either way, there’s no way I’m leaving Vegas without one heck of a Bangover.

The Bangover is a red-hot, laugh out loud rom-com featuring two best friends on a collision course with Vegas-flavored disaster—and each other. It stands alone. No cheating or cliffhangers.

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This book is SO damn funny and is a friends to lovers story with such a comedy of errors along with a little mystery thrown in.

Kirby otherwise known as Larry to her best friend Colin is a horror writer and agrees to go to Vegas with her friend in order to help him get over his writers block before he abstains from sex until he can write a new album for his band.  However their drunken discussion leads to a reality that both of them cannot imagine.

After a drunken kiss with Kirby, Colin sees his friend in a new light.  In Vegas a run into his ex-girlfriend has him chasing around Vegas with Kirby in tow, however when they finally seal their friends with benefits, bad things start to happen and poor Colin has to fight to find Kirby.

I really enjoyed this book and the connection that the pair have together was brilliant.  I also really loved the addition of Kirby's cat Murder who certainly added something to the story.  I am really hoping that we get other books for the rest of the members of the band along with Kirby's sister Bridget.


No comments:

Post a Comment