Thursday 26 March 2020

REVIEW - The Best Man by Winter Renshaw

The Book
Release Date: 25 March 2020
Goodreads Link

I didn’t know her name, but I heard her laugh, tasted her lips, felt her warm skin as I held her in my arms. Together we watched our young children playing in the sand, the warm ocean lapping the shore behind them as the setting sun painted the sky. She was my soulmate and this was our life, our beautiful forever … 

Then I woke up—alone in a hospital room, connected to wires and machines. 

There was no wife. No kids. Not a single soul waiting for me. That life I dreamt of … never existed.

I’d been in a devastating wreck, a nurse told me when she rushed in. Comatose for weeks. I’d have a long road to recovery, but I was going to make it. 

From that moment on, the dream haunted me. I saw that woman’s face every time I closed my eyes, searched for her in every crowd, ached to be with a stranger I felt I’d known my entire life … and I swore that if I ever found her, I’d do anything to make her mine. 

Anything.

Then I found her.

And it was both the best and worst day of my life because the woman of my dreams … was about to marry my best friend.

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I really did enjoy this book and it is quite different to anything that i have read before.

Cainan wakes up from a coma convinced that he has a wife and two children, but is confused when his sister tells him that he is not even married.  The then is consumed with the woman from his dreams, although he gets on with getting better and going back to work.

It is only when his shitty best friend announces that he is getting married and Cainan finally meets the woman, she is the woman from his dreams.  She is also the woman who saw his accident and saved his life.

Most of the book deals with both male and Brielle, and we find out sinister things are happening with Grant.  However Cainan and Brielle fight their attraction for each other.

It is only near the end do Brielle and Cainan get together and we get happily ever after, but only when she has broken up with Grant and Cainan can tell her more of the truth.

Each Winter Renshaw book seems to get better and better and i liked the way that this story panned out and that there was a little from tbeyond the grave mystery to it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment