Monday 28 February 2022

REVIEW - Scored by Lili Valente


The Book
Release Date: 1 March 2022

Begging my brother’s best friend—aka NHL superstar, Ian Fox—to help me ditch my V Card wasn’t part of my “make it big in NYC” plans.

But after years of being “cute little Evie,” I’m tired of waiting for Mr. Right. I’m ready for Mr. Right Now and Ian is everything I’ve ever wanted in a first time. He’s kind, funny, confident, and has a legendary…stick.

Seriously, his stick has its own page of search results, complete with gray sweatpants shots hot enough to make even a clueless virgin drool.

And yes, my brother will murder us if he finds out, but we’re both grownups.

We can keep a secret. We have to since I just landed an art therapy job working with his troubled team.

All we’re doing is a little practice. (Or…ehem...big practice.)

Too bad my heart didn’t get the memo.
 

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Evie is a 24 year old artist who is living with her friends in New York and she currently has a job as an art therapist while going to college.  Her brother is on the staff and is more than a tad overbearing after picking up after their mother ran off and their father all but neglected them.

Ian is the captain of the ice hockey team that both Evie and her brother Derrick are working for and has also been Derricks best friend since childhood.  He has also always been there for Evie, but it is only when Evie starts standing up for herself and he finally sees her in her new clothes and she propositions him to help her with the problem of her v-card.

Both Ian and Evie discover something though that their friendship hold something even dearer to them, a love that started long before they even realised and a belonging with each other and a rightness that was not there with anyone else.

I really enjoyed this story and we get to meet Evie's friends and housemates that hopefully all get their own HEA.  I am glad that we will see Evie's best friend Harlow and Evie's brother Derrick get the next story though.  Derrick may finally find a strong woman that can stand up to him and his more controlling ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment