Monday 28 February 2022

REVIEW - The Last Eligible Billionaire by Pippa Grant


The Book
Release Date: March 2022

Emotionally unavailable doesn’t even begin to describe my new fake boyfriend. He’s cold. He’s distant. He has more defenses than a nuclear missile silo. And he’s the ultimate catch of the century. At least, according to his bank statement.

My job’s simple: Keep Hayes Rutherford’s matchmaking relatives and all interested ladies away from the cranky, grumpy, walled-off heir to my favorite movie empire, and in return, he won’t ruin my life over a teensy, tiny little misunderstanding.

But the more I sneak past Hayes’s walls and fences, the more I realize that while we might be from different worlds, we have more in common than either of us expected. The man under all the glitz, glamour, and dollar signs could be the real love of my life.

But you know what they say about fake dating a billionaire—it’s all fun and games until the scandals start.

The Last Eligible Billionaire is a swoony, laugh-out-loud romance featuring a botched wax job, a woman in over her head, a man in over his heart, and the sweetest misguided dog to ever play matchmaker…or at least make sure these two anti-love birds never have clothes when they get out of the shower.

A new stand alone romantic comedy from Pippa Grant.

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Oh. My. Goodness.  It has been a while since I have laughed quite so much at the actions of characters in a book, but this book had me in hysterics at times.

Begonia is certainly a character and she is living her post divorce life and has such a big and friendly hear that you cannot help but fall in love with her.  Her dog Marshmallow is such a chaotic thing, that you cannot help but fall in love with him and his mischievous behaviour that at times embarasses his owner and other member of the Rutherford family.

Hayes Rutherford is in a point in his life where others are getting on his nerves and he has had his heart shattered by others who should have known better and broken his trust.  This in turn has lead him away from love and wanting to be married.  When he finds that Begonia is in his Maine house, he decides that he can find a use for her, especially with his mother on the way with a potential marriage partner.

There are some really good support characters in this story and the extra bonus epilogues are great, although I perhaps would have loved to see them after they are married, but it certainly had me smiling taken completely along with the ride.

I cannot wait to see what Pippa Grant comes out with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment