Monday 22 January 2024

REVIEW - Sanctuary Kindled #6 by Claire Kent

The Book
Release Date: 29 December 2023

Ever since civilization fell apart eight years ago, I've used my body in any way necessary to protect my younger sister and stay alive. Now she's safe and settled, I'm free to travel my own path, never again confined by walls or the demands of any man. Everyone says a woman isn't safe by herself in the dangerous wilderness the world has become, but I'm doing just fine on my own.

My job as a messenger and courier offers me freedom and the means to provide for the people I love. No one is going to take it away from me--especially not clever, cynical Aidan, who insists I'm moving in on his territory. He's starting to compete with me for jobs, but I've never backed down to a challenge. Not when I was young and helpless, and certainly not now that I'm not. If he wants a war, he'll get one.

I'll never back down to a man again, even one I'm starting to want.

My Review    5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is another brilliant book in this series.

This author writes the grittier stuff well and does not shy away from the hard topics that can be hard to write about, let alone sometimes read about.  However this author talks about the subject matter and the feelings of those involved so well that you get so invested in the characters and really hope that they get the happiness that they deserve.

Breanna has always done what she had to in order to keep her and her sister safe.  Now that Del is in a safe community and has a man to keep her safe, Breanna feels like the third wheel and wants to be out and about and delivering messages.

Aiden, the British messenger does not want Breanna on his turf, but his guff demeanour hides what he is truly feeling.  Its is only when they agree to a competition do things finally change between the warring pair.

Breanna and Aidan are both tested and find that they are better working together and also find solace in each other.  It is not long before they find more than what they were missing and both of them are tested.

I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait ti see what happens next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment