Monday 18 June 2018

REVIEW - The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2) by Rachel Higginson

The Book
Release Date: 17 July 2017
Goodreads Link

I'm cursed.

At least when it comes to finding Mr. Right.

I'm tired of men that only want one night stands or blind dates that are nothing but awkward and uncomfortable. I'm tired of avoiding inappropriate text messages and the constant disappointment of always meeting Mr. Wrong.

After all these years of dates that lead nowhere, I can admit that it's me. I'm the problem. I'm shy and picky and cursed. Definitely cursed.

So I've decided two things.

The first? I'm giving up dating and relationships and men in general. Maybe, possibly, forever.

The second? I'm going to have to try harder to avoid Ezra Baptiste.

If I couldn't hack it in the kiddy pool of dating, I certainly can't swim in his deep end. He's too successful. Too intense. He's all man when I'm used to nothing but boys pretending to be grownups. He's everything I'm afraid to want and so far out of my league we might as well be different species entirely.

So he'll need to find a different artist to paint his mural. And a different graphic designer to help him with his website. He'll need to find someone else to glare at and flirt with and kiss.

It can't be me.

We're too different.

My Review  5 STARS
Jeepers.

This is another book that completely had me suckered into it and unable to put the book down.  It was the slow burn between them.  The haters to lovers.  The journey each one made and them opening up to each other into painful worlds and being there for each other when they needed it the most.

Both Ezra and Molly we met in book one, Molly being Vera's best friend and Ezra being Killian's foster brother and former boss and friend.

I already loved Molly since book one, but in this book you really cannot help yourself from falling for Ezra, in mean seriously he's awesome and a really great catch.

We also see some of Vera and Killian, Wyatt and Vann, Ezra's sister Dillon and Kayla.  The supporting characters really starting to build up and be more of a family.

Both Molly and Ezra open themselves up to each other and Ezra shows us his soft gooey centre.  He's the hard headed business man where he needs to be, the protector and the most awesome boyfriend ever for Molly.

I am really looking forward to reading book three in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment