Monday 18 June 2018

REVIEW - The Opposite of You (Opposites Attract #1) by Rachel Higginson

The Book
Release Date: 30 March 2017
Goodreads Link

I’ve sworn off men.

All men.

Famous last words, right? You’re expecting some epic tale of reluctant love and my dramatic change of heart? Well, you’re not going to get it.

I’m stubborn. And headstrong. And I’ve just survived the worst three years of my life. After escaping an abusive boyfriend to live in hostels and cheap hotels while I worked my way across Europe, I’ve come to two conclusions.

The first? Now that I’m back home, I’m going to squander my expensive culinary degree on a food truck that caters to the late night drunk crowd.

The second? I’m going to prove to the bastard across the plaza that my street food is better than his fussy five course monstrosities.

Killian Quinn might be Food and Wine’s Chef to Watch Out For. He might have a Michelin Star. He might have every food critic in the city wrapped around his too-large fingers. But he’s also pretentious and unbearably arrogant and the very opposite of me.

So he can keep his unsolicited advice and his late night visits and his cocky smiles. I want none of it. Or him.

I want the opposite.
 

My Review  5 STARS
Holy crappola, this book was epic!!

Seriously i started this book in the evening and could not put it down until 3am, knowing that i had to get up at 7am in order to look after my kids.  I had to grudgingly put it down too.

Killian and Vera burnt up the pages, Killian with his strong constant push into Vera life and Vera with her constant struggle with her past and acceptance that Killian was not like her ex-boyfriend Derek who had shattered her and make her second guess everything about herself.

Vera has a very supportive father and a wonderful brother Vann and an awesome best friend Molly, all of which help her with her idea of a food van.

Killian and Vera kept tension high, lust leaping off the pages and strength in believing that as a couple they can be stronger and do something together as well as build each other up.  Not that Killian was not already sure of himself as a head chef in a renowned local restaurant.

I practically kept this book in my hands until if was finished as it just consumed me and i just couldn't wait to see what happened next.  I was almost upset when i finished, but just felt happy that i knew that there was another book after.

An awesome read.

No comments:

Post a Comment