Tuesday 25 June 2019

REVIEW - Never Fall in Love with a Rockstar by Rachel Higginson

The Book
Release Date: 25 June
Goodreads Link

My name is Clover Calloway and I’ve lived two separate lives. 

The first, I like to call “my past.” I never talk about it. I try not to think about it. My rockstar days of playing in one of the hottest bands on the planet are over. Along with the most volatile, beautiful, tragic love story of all time. 

Over the past five years, I’ve settled into my second life. My “normal life.” The one where I work a normal job, hang out with normal people and fall in love with a normal, but wonderful guy. The life where I’m admittedly a little bored, but also safe. 

My past wasn’t boring. But my past broke my heart into a million, unfixable pieces. So, I’m determined to keep it where it belongs—behind me. 

And the man responsible for the shattering of me? Malachi Porter, lead singer and mastermind of Bright Tragedy, should stay there too. Far away from me and this idyllic life I’ve carved out for myself. 

But what happens when my two lives collide? 

When Malachi comes crashing into my perfectly normal world, he threatens to destroy it, promises to annihilate everything I’ve replaced him with. 

He upends everything I thought I wanted and forces me to question the reasons I left Bright Tragedy all those years ago. 

But I didn’t walk away five years ago, I ran. As fast as I could go. And while my heart is whispering that it’s different this time—that he’s different—my brain is screaming for me to run again. 

Malachi Porter isn’t a normal guy. And he doesn’t belong in my “normal life.” But, nevertheless, he’s bound and determined to make a place for himself here. 

I just hope my heart can survive him, that we don’t burn into another bright tragedy. 


Pre-order links
Amazon US  |  Amazon UK  |  B&N  |  iBooks


Teaser:
“I hardly recognized you,” I told him, breathless with surprise. “Those glasses totally do the trick.” 
He touched the frames. “Yeah?”
“No,” I laughed. “Not even a little bit.” 
His smile was genuine, big, breathtaking. “Brennan said I can’t be seen. I’m supposed to be in Belgium.” 
“And why aren’t you in Belgium?” I asked him as he moved slowly toward me. 
He shrugged. “We have a break. And you and I need to finish our song.” His toes bumped into mine before he stopped walking. I had to crane my neck back to look at him. “I missed… my guitar.”
What? “Your guitar?”
“The Fender I left at your house? It’s my road guitar. I never leave home without her.” 
Rolling my eyes, I jumped to my feet and started collecting my things. “I wish you would have told me that sooner,” I murmured. “I already sold it.”
“You did what?”
I looked at him, unblinking. “Do you know how much a Kai Porter signed guitar goes for?” 
“It wasn’t signed.”
“By you,” I pointed out. “But they don’t know that.” Pausing for dramatic flair, I added quickly. “Those schmucks on eBay will pay high dollar for anything.” 
Color drained from his face. “You signed my favorite guitar and sold it? On eBay?” 
I suppressed my smile, although it wasn’t easy. “Was I not supposed to do that?” 
He lunged for me, grabbing hold of my messenger bag strap and tugging me to him. Just when I thought we would crash into each other, his hands landed on my sides, squeezing, tickling, torturing.
“No, you weren’t supposed to do that,” he growled, laughing at my absolute hysterics. 

I screamed indelicately in the middle of Macy’s and then dissolved into laughter. People were stopping to stare at us. Probably wondering if this guy was murdering me or kidnapping me. “We’re fine,” I wheezed as I wrestled away from him. “Nothing to see here, folks.”



My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Oh mamma, this book seriously has all the feels!!!!

I started this book around lunch time yesterday and was still up at 2:30am reading knowing i had to get up before 7am to get the kids to school.  The book was that good i just did not want to put it down.

Rachel certainly tugged at the heart strings with this one with Malachi and his past along with how Clover had to get away just for her sanity.  It was lovely to see that everything that Malachi had done was in order to get Clover back into his life where she belonged.

Clover certainly grows more as a person with Kai by her side and with her awesome friends helping her out.  Kai certainly challenges Clover to see what he has built is not quite the real her and that she is only settling when with Kai she can have the forever kind of love.

The epilogue is heartwarming too and ends in a really positive light and you can't help but wish that the other members of the band also get to have a story told too.

I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment