Monday 11 November 2019

REVIEW - Man Cuffed by Sarina Bowen & Tanya Eby

The Book
Release Date: 19 November 2019
Goodreads Link

A new comedy from the USA Today bestselling duo!

Mac
A good cop can always spot trouble. That’s why my senses started pinging the moment I met the hottie next door. The neighborhood may never be the same. First she confuses me for a male stripper and tries to remove my uniform. (The guys on the force will never let me live that down.) And then there’s the breaking and entering.
I don’t know what to do with her. My libido has a few ideas of its own, though. Bad, bad ideas.

Meg
Hey, it’s not my fault that Hot Cop’s nightstick gets excited every time we see each other. And I can’t help that someone broke into his apartment.
Fine—that last thing was totally my fault. And I intend to make amends. So when he needs a date for his sister’s wedding, I’m there. This is right up my alley. I’m an actor. By the time it’s over, his entire family will believe we’re a couple.
Even him.

Warning: may cause unrestrained giggling in public. Contains: a bridezilla with a turkey leg, a flash mob, and a growly hero.
 

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Another laugh out loud at times book that gave me both happy and sad tears.  The author double team has done it again and knocked out another  belter, that you will not be able to put down.

Mac is a seriously hot cop, but he has issues from a past relationship, that is until a feisty woman called Meg moved in next door and challenges his and pushes his without him realising the space that she is taking up in his life.

Meg has not been a very successful actor in the last ten years, almost getting the part so many times, but thinking her skin colour has been the thing pulling her back.  It is only after meeting Mac and going to a bridal shower that things take a different turn in her career.

Meg stands up for herself and called Mac out on his bullshit straight away, their friends with benefits has Meg seeing more of Mac than he is really comfortable with, Meg good old Meg helps him grow.

It is only after Mac has been stupid and his sister Rosie and a friend step in to help does Mac realise what he really wants with Meg and we get a happy ever after.  

We also have to give a shout out to Mac's partner Lance who seems quite a character with a very varied reading background.  Love that guy and i really hope that he too manages to get a book with a HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment