Tuesday 16 November 2021

REVIEW - LORD KING (The King Series, #7) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

 


The Book

Release Date: 19 November 2021

Goodreads Link

From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff comes a Paranormal Suspense, Lord King.

A curse he cannot break without her…

KING


Before I became evil, I was king of a great people. Now I am cursed to walk the earth until I pay for my misdeeds. After three thousand years, I have much to answer for. 

Then along comes Jeni, further complicating matters. She claims to love me, though I could never reciprocate. Her loathsome people placed me in this predicament, and frankly, I gave my heart to another woman long ago. 

But I am about to discover that meeting Jeni is no coincidence. 

Our true connection will shock even me. 

A power she didn’t know she had…

JENI


I am what they call a Seer, an ancient people with unusual gifts, and I’m the last of my kind. Surprise! Because up until recently, I thought I was a regular person. 

But meeting King changed everything. He opened my eyes to the world around me, filled with more darkness than I could’ve imagined. And King? He’s the darkest of them all. 

That’s why I can’t wrap my head around my feelings. With every moment we spend together, I’m falling for a man who can never love me back. His heart belongs to his dead wife. 

That’s when I meet Ansin. The only man on earth who could rival King for darkness and ruthless ambition. Like me, Ansin is the last of his bloodline, which is why he demands I marry him and give him children. 

Do I get to choose, or has fate already chosen for me?

My Review

**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

In this book we start with Jenni going back to Kings office to help him with his tasks, but she is hiding a secret.  She is pregnant with his baby.  She wants to help him end the Ten Club so that he can die and be with his family, but she is also conflicted as she likes King.

Enter Ansin, when he rescues Jenni when she is attacked after King goes in to kill another member who had killed her mother.  He lets her know that he wants her and will kill King.

Eventually Jenni has to decide for her self who she trusts, King, Ansin or the Seers or none of them.  She does not know whether she trust what the Seers are telling her, Ansin will help her when she needs it, but for a price, and King does what he needs, but will protect her and the baby.

There are a few twists and turns in this book, however I did not see the ending of this book happening, it certainly gave me a surprise.

I am now really looking forward to the next book to see what the author will bring out of the bag and what twist and turns will happen for King to get a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment