Thursday 4 November 2021

REVIEW - Virgin Tribute by Delta James


The Book

Release Date: 30 May 2019

Goodreads Link

I was not asked. I was chosen. Every year, the creature who keeps our community safe requires a virgin as tribute, and every year she is thoroughly ravaged and then returned ruined for any other man. No one will tell me exactly what is in store for me, I only know he's not going to be gentle.

But the elders underestimated me, and when they left me in the sacred clearing I took the chance to escape. Now the beast hunts me, and if he finds me I can only wonder what he'll do to me...

Publisher's Note: Virgin Tribute includes spankings and rough, intense sexual scenes. If such material offends you, please don't buy this book.

My Review  2 STARS

This is the first time that I have read anything by this author and even though I was not the greatest fan of this book, I would like to try another of her books.

The world building in general was good, but the story itself was a bit of a let down.  We have a feisty female who wants to get out of where she is and questions everything around her, but when she is finally forced to be the virgin tribute, although she makes an escape to run, she very quickly becomes obsessed with the dragon and having sex with him.

It was not quite insta love as she tries to escape once after meeting the dragon, however she gives up far too quickly for my liking.


No comments:

Post a Comment