Monday 18 April 2022

REVIEW - Runaway (The Magnussons #2) by Noelle Adams


The Book
Release Date: 12 April 2022

My relationship with Elias Magnusson happened in a blaze of fiery passion. We met and fell in love and got engaged in just a few weeks. He might be heir to a fortune and act as cool as ice, but I believed I saw the real man beneath the surface. And that was a man I loved.

But on our wedding day, I suddenly realize that I'm about to marry a stranger. A stranger with endless resources and more power than I've ever known. We might be great in bed together, but a marriage needs a lot more. Needs a lot deeper. So I run. I run away from the wedding and leave Elias without a word.

It's a terrible thing to have to do, but I'm sure it's for the best. I'll become a runaway bride, even though it's the last thing I want. I assume Elias will never forgive me for such a betrayal. Never once do I dream that he'll come after me and try to convince me that our wild whirlwind romance is real.

My Review   3 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a vert sweet short novella where the couple are already together and wake up in the morning with a horny man.

Both M/C's have their own little issues as their relationship thrusts forward at a tremendous pace, a pace which frightens Jenna, who being an orphan feels overwhelmed but feels she cannot say anything.  

Elias is from a very powerful and rich family and knew Jenna was to be his the moment that he saw her.  Being him he has pretty much railroaded her for what he wants, but also tried his best to be the perfect man, not really letting his real feelings show.

When Jenna runs on the day of their wedding two months after first meeting, Elias goes to find her and together they work through their issues and realise that they need to take things slower, with his family being completely supportive.

This is a sweet book that has lots of emotion and a realness to it and an adult reaction to the events once they finally start opening up and talking to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment