Friday 8 April 2022

REVIEW - Screwed by Lili Valente


The Book
Release Date: 19 April 2022

My best friend’s older brother excels at many things—being a bossy grump, a jerk, and...this hopeless virgin's fake fiancé?

I need a guy who understands that this is all pretend, and who better than a man who can't stand me—and vice versa? Besides, Derrick is the kind of cocky, confident, successful dude bro my gram will adore. 

We'll convince my ailing grandmother I’m not going to die alone, Derrick will honor that favor he owes me, and we'll part ways as enemies with NO benefits.

It’s a rock-solid plan…until it isn’t. 
Turns out I may have made a slight miscalculation.

Now Derrick is charming my family, sweeping me off my feet, and making me want crazy things. 

Suddenly, I think I might actually want him to be my first and maybe…my only?

Yeah, I’m screwed. 
So bleeping screwed.

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Harlow is Evie's best friend and Derek is Evie's older brother, but the pair have been verbal sparing partners since Harlow was eighteen and got her heart broken.

However both now find they are going to the same ski resort for the same time period and end up travelling their together thanks to Evie, but also Harlow ends up asking if Derek will be her fake boyfriend, Derek goes one further and says he will be her fake fiancé.

Close time together however only amps up the feelings between them and it takes very little time before the pair end up kissing and eventually ending up in bed with Harlow finally ditching her v-card.

Derek finally accepts what he has known with Harlow and does not fight his feelings, however after some fun together, Harlow freaks and hurts Derek, until her sister and her Gran point her in the right direction.

I cannot wait to read the next book in this series to see how Cameron gets his happy ever after.  I am really enjoying this series and I certainly comes with the authors wit and zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment