Tuesday 16 August 2022

REVIEW - Princess (Kindled #2) by Claire Kent

The Book
Release Date: 12 July 2022
Goodreads Link

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

When the asteroid hits and the world falls apart, I'm seventeen, and my dad buys us a place in an underground bunker. We're supposed to be safe down there, but we're not. Gradually, I lose everything until all I have left is a bewildering relationship with a stoic, unknowable man.

As one of the guards in the bunker, Grant has lurked in the background of my life for years, teaching me to defend myself, making sure I'm safe, and infuriating me by treating me like a sheltered princess in a tower. I don't even know if he likes me, even after we end up in bed together. All I know is that he's always there beside me--during the bleak half-life of the bunker and the hostile, unfamiliar world we discover when we finally come out of lockdown.

Maybe one day he'll open up. Let down his walls. And maybe eventually our days can be about more than surviving.. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, but right now all I have left in the world is him.
 

My Review   5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I am certainly very happy to be back to this series and the world after an apocalypse has occurred.  The author puts together a great pairing while they have so much to overcome with themselves and everything they know is changed on so many levels.

Olivia is only 17 when she is suddenly pulled from school by her rich father and he has sent Grant to collect her.  She only finds out when she has landed in Kentucky and seen her father what is about to happen and spends five years underground locked up with a load of others surviving in a bunker until the air clears enough to open.  By this time she is an orphan.

Grant is always there in the background looking after people and being one of the men in charge, but it is Olivia who has to make the first move.

Olivia is a strong character and always does her part and extra if she can either in the bunker or when they surface, she does not want to be a princess and works hard and gets up early to swim for over an hour in their underground pool.  This is all part of her routine and keeps her sane.

I like how the relationship between Olivia and Grant develops and who it is other people who see there relationship better than Olivia when she is struggling to understand what is going on.  Once the air is finally cleared between the pair and they start to communicate better it is lovely to see Grant finally lowering his walls and loving Olivia they way she wants and needs.

I am really looking forward the ne next books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment