Thursday 17 November 2022

REVIEW - Alpha Bonds (Alpha Horde #2) by Milana Jacks


The Book
Release Date: 7 January 2019

He should nip this desire in the bud, but it's grown beyond his control.

Cyan
One second, I'm battling an overgrown hedge with a pair of clippers. The next, I'm running for my life, positive I've stumbled onto a prank reality show set, complete with a towering, red-haired guy in costume who throws me over his shoulder like I weigh nothing — I'm a big girl, never been thin.

Half of me is horrified to find out I've somehow been transported to an alien planet. The other half would sure like to explore the masterpiece of muscle under that armor.

Kinre
Horde life is simple. Hunt the enemy, kill the enemy. But after Loven broke the law by bonding an Omega meant for the king, life got real complicated. Instead of exterminating Telean rebels, I'm playing nice to recruit them for Loven's stupid rebellion.

Then I make a big mistake. Huge. I rescue a helpless human, only to discover this curvy, tempting morsel is an Omega about to go into heat. Fleeing the Telean ship and returning her to the Horde stronghold means abandoning the Telean alliance — and destroying everything we've risked our lives for.

I should nip this desire in the bud, but it's grown beyond my control.

My Review  4 STARS
In this second book of the series we have Loven's brother Kinre going on a mission when human Cyan enters the portal on each by accident and finds herself in the swamp jungle that Kinre is going through and he needs to keep her quiet when she screams nearby.

Cyan is also from San Diego and works in her late fathers gardening company that her step father is running to the ground.  She is of medical descent and is fairly short and well rounded.

Kinre finds her and is stumped when he finds another human Omega woman and ties her up and gags her in order to keep her quiet and in order to do his mission.

Kinre tries his best to keep away from her but ultimately cannot resist her smell and ends up doing things to keep her calm.  When his brother Tayseer interferes though all best are off as he needs to keep this human safe and away from his brother who works for the king.

Cyan ends up being sent back to Ohala to Loven on Venlox's back while Kinre stays to finish his mission.

The space between them however has them really missing each other and when Kinre finds his way back to Ohala, he bonds his human woman and also gains his red armour like Loven.

Cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment