Tuesday 22 November 2022

REVIEW - The Grumpy Billionaire Who Stole Christmas by Erin McCarthy & Lili Valente


The Book
Release Date: 28 November 2022
Goodreads Link

I’m a grump and proud of it. I hate forced cheer, pointless traditions, and the fact that everything in Jingle Bell Junction reminds me of my lonely teen years.

Which is why I decide to steal the town’s ridiculous Christmas tree topper and burn the peg leg—yes, a peg leg. I’ll be doing the town a favor by making Jingle Hell a slightly less embarrassing place to spend the holidays.

Then, sweet, generous, sunshine-y Holly Jo catches me in the act. Holly, whose smile has always melted my icy heart. Even when we were kids.

She ropes me into baking dog treats with her to make amends, when the power goes out and we’re snowed in together for the night.

Add in one roaring fire, an unexpectedly sexy reindeer costume, and some whipped cream, and suddenly my trip to Jingle Hell is turning into Jingle Hell Yeah…

But what happens when one night with this woman isn’t nearly enough?

Contents include a lonely businessman, a happy-go-lucky optimist in a reindeer costume, and all the holiday hijinks. This swoony romance is the first book in a series of interconnected standalones following the billionaire Ratcliffe brothers.


My Review    5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

In this book we are taken to Jingle Bell Junction, a small town with bad cell service that Luke has been forced to go back to after the death of his grandfather with his siblings.

It is here, that drink Luke makes a mistake and is caught by Holly-Jo, an old friend, and she makes him help her in order not to hand him over.

Realising that Luke has lost his Christmas spirit she does her best to get Luke to remember the past and to have a little fun after they are stuck at the community centre.

It does not take long for Luke to loosen up and be seduced by Holly and her charms, realising that he has always liked Holly-Jo and that he needs her in his life to bring back the joy that he has been missing.

I really enjoyed this book and really loved the collaboration of the authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment